1. Milan Lucic - I've always been a big Nick Tarnasky fan. Nick Tarnasky was recently traded to Florida in return for Wade Belak, an almost-Oiler. But in this photo, the body language tells of the fear felt by Nick Tarnasky when staring down the Serbian-Canadian hockey player Milan Lucic. This kid does it all: score, assist, hit, fight, and scare.
Steve Tambellini, while you're daydreaming about Ilya Kovalchuk, give a thought to Milan Lucic who would certainly get my vote for Pierre McGuire's monster.
2. David Perron - Watching this guy play during the Edmonton-St.Louis game it was apparent this guy knows how to use his teammates effectively. He may not be the most prolific scorer on any team but he would make a good compliment on any given line. He might be a good pick up and compliment on the LW side for Cogliano/Gagner and he would also fit in well with RWs Cole and/or Pisani.
3. Sami Pahlsson - Takes faceoffs, throws big hits, and frustrates the hell out of opponents. He also laid the big hit on Jarret Stoll that gave him that mighty concussion. He's the Esa Tikkanen of the current NHL and we should get him since Sean Avery is unavailable. And it's not impossible that Sean Avery or Sami Pahlsson would play here - when Jesse Boulerice was an Oiler for a game anything is possible.
4. Colin White - A good stay at home D-man would take away from the question marks regarding Ladislav Smid and Denis Grebeshkov. This would make Jason Strudwick expendable and we could focus on getting guys like Jacques and Peckham into the lineup.
5. Georges Laraque - I shouldn't need to explain this one. We all love Big Georges.