Home | The Team | Our Authors: Antony Ta (raventalon40) and Travis Yano (thickoil)


Antony Ta,Current Events,Edmonton,Edmonton Oilers,Hockey,NHL,Oilers,Sports

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

The poll is temporarily down.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

The "Jussi Jokinen" Deke



We've seen this throughout the years from Forsberg, Zhamnov, Jokinen, and Kopitar.

But I was always under the impression that this move originated from a familiar name: Kent Nilsson of Sweden, a former Calgary Flame and Edmonton Oiler.

If anyone knows whether or not Kent Nilsson is the father of the "jussi jokinen" deke, please let me know. I'm sure Robert Nilsson would know but I don't have access to him so that's that.

P.S. I was watching a lot of the shootout videos on YouTube since the Linus Omark clip and I noticed a lot of the compilations, the top-10's and top-15's are very Eastern Conference heavy with the exception of Pavel Datsyuk's move against Nashville that is infamous. I think it's time we included some of the crazy dangles from the West.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home







Layout by Antony Ta
CSS document edited from its original version by Douglas Bowman
First version: Sunday, October 26, 2008